Ramblings on the Road

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Home sweet home

We've arrived in Selma after leaving Gettysburg, attending ACFW conference in Nashville and visiting with my family in north Alabama.

The conference was amazing. And full of God's blessings. I pitched a mystery series on day one, and the editor wants the first manuscript by Dec 1!!! I was so excited, I think I floated through the rest of the conference, although God continued to pour out His blessings.

I met with another editor about a romance novel I had submitted to him in June. He had not yet read the proposal, but after a quick pitch was interested, and said he would seek it out upon returning home. He also took my "one-sheets" (pitches) for my other romance novels. It was GREAT!

But God continued!

On Saturday, I met with a beautiful woman whom I had met online several months ago. We hit it off immediately and after talking a bit, we decided to become critique partners. I'm really excited - and she knows my deadline!! I pray I can give her as much encouragement as she's already given me.

Now that we've arrived in Selma, and set up my computer, I will be writing 3-5,000 words per day. I told my sil if it took til noon, yippee!!! If it took til midnight - oh well! This is the realization of a dream I've had since childhood, so I will work diligently.

I would appreciate your prayers. I'll post occasionally to give you updates.

Those were the highlights of the conference, but the meat of the conference were the classes and the friendships. Meeting as many writers as I did, who share the same love for God as I do was really astounding and at times emotionally overwhelming. Brandilyn Collins said it all the very first night - "there's not a 'normal' in the bunch." So true, so true.

God is awesome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home