Ramblings on the Road

Monday, August 29, 2005

Song of the Synopsis

Daily, I am completing tasks that will prepare me for conference. Several of the tasks involve writing those dreaded synopses, because I have several books I'm in the midst of writing and hope to pitch at conference. Previously, I've been a SOTP writer (seat-of-the-pants writer) but after today, the synopsis is my friend.

I've had the character, setting and idea for this one particular book (temporarily called "Colleen" because I can't figure out a good name for it) for ten years. Yes, 10 whole years. I got the idea, and then my writing stayed on the back burner until this summer. Now, I've picked up the pieces, dusted them off and am going to finish the book sooner, rather than later.

Tonight, I was working on the synopsis for it. As I neared the end, I wrote a sentence that gives the book completion. I didn't realize I had solved the problem, until the sentence was written. Then I looked back at the sentence, and it was like the culmination of a 10 year waiting period. I felt such relief and such gratitude. I also knew the idea had not come from me, it had come from Above. It was a God-thing.

What more encouragement do I need to write, when He is guiding my every word?

Thank you, Lord!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home