Ramblings on the Road

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

This morning, while praying for the residents of LA, MS, AL, FL and TX who will be affected by hurricane Katrina, I was impressed to pray to the source of the hurricane. God controls all of the weather so I prayed that He would diminish its strength. He can make it disappear in the blink of an eye.

I asked one of my prayer groups to join me in praying that God would diminish the hurricane. I received comments that we should be praying for the people in its path and got the impression I was wacky to pray otherwise.

My comments in no way meant to quit praying for people's safety. I just felt we needed to go one step further and pray that God tweak that hurricane enough to cause the least damage to people and to property. Several times, I started writing a letter of apology to the group, explaining my intentions, but each time I was completely stumped for words. Then I visited Mary DeMuth's relevant blog and was encouraged by Scripture she posted today. I felt she wrote that entry just for me! Thanks Mary!

Sometimes it's difficult to share what God lays upon your heart. The lesson I learned today: do it anyway!

Please join me in prayer that God will diminish the hurricane, and lay His hand of protection on all in its path. Also pray that in all of this may God be glorified.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home