Ramblings on the Road

Monday, August 15, 2005

One down, two to go

I've already finished one of the new projects I was talking about in my last post. Definitely a short term project!

This project was a "memoir" and for the first time in my writing career I made myself cry while writing. The subject is near and dear to me, and the piece was written totally from my heart, so I poured myself out onto the pages. (well, splattered on the screen is more like it...)

Now, on to the second project. It's an essay on a topic that could be classified as one of my many "soap boxes." I just have to stay focused as I write it, and to remember that the majority of people who read it will not share my beliefs, so I need to let Jesus shine through in every word.

For my third project - the 10-minute play - I picked up several books to study today. That will be my bedtime reading for a few days before I attempt to tackle this new venture.

I think I may have discovered a new disease - "fiction overdose." I've been trying to read as many Writer's View and ACFW authors as I can before conference. During the past month, I've read close to a hundred novels and today when I went to the library all I wanted to check out was nonfiction!

And trust me, it's not because of the quality of the writing that I don't want to read; it's because of the quality that I've read so many! These two groups have some of the most prolific and most talented writers of any I've ever read and I'm proud and humbled to be in their number.

I told David this past week that everyone on my Christmas list is getting one or more books for Christmas! I'm just trying to figure out if I'll have enough money at conference to buy them there so I can have them autographed for each recipient.

I've started publicizing my blog, so if you are new to my ramblings please leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you. Since I'm a traveler, I'd love to know from where you are writing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home